Saturday, June 2, 2007

Well Not Quite Saitama Yet.


I finally arrived in Japan on may 20th after much anticipation and preparation. The first few days were spent in Tokyo going through the program orientation and being shown a few sites around Tokyo by Clair staff. This included a visit to the Nation Diet (paralemt house) which was very interesting. In spite of it`s sheer size and vast skyscraper clad sky line which was to be expected, I was very surprised with Tokyo. It was incredibly beautiful, not to say that I did not expect it to be as such, but for different reasons. The weather is very mild at the moment and the city is extremely green, with avenues of ginko (and other) trees lining the streets. From my short three day visit, mostly around the Akaska area, the city appears to be very green! I also visited Ginza, which was an awe inspiring experience. If you get a chance to go, make sure it is at night, all the gargantuan buildings totally lit up are like a much cleaner, more beautiful scene from `Bladerunner`, if that makes any scene to you. Unfortunately at that point I did not have a camera on me yet, but I gnabed a public domain image of the web which gives you a little bit of an idea. After my three days in Tokyo it was into the shinkansen and onto JIAM................

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Greetings and Salutations to my academic friend.
U get tht email from John ? a renegade medicare agent a political kimosabe
where do i fit in this equation ? a neo corformist leader ?
nice to read the up date, hows the local fungi u culture vulture ... i assume things are well/ japanese... life day to day quite challenging i imaginge , anyways... ive got some japanese things on my agenda :-p to think i was just looking at ninja stars on ebay ...
peace out
jeremy
take care bro

Unknown said...

Jeremy you are a strange little man! Anyway, Japan looks amazing dude, we're all goin to have to go one day, and I mean all of us.